Friday, November 2, 2012

i was here



This is going to be silly, but I admire Beyonce quite a bit, she represents strong, powerful, confident women who, despite being "sexy" can be taken seriously. I think she is truly one of a kind, the perfect role model for women and girls around the world.

The reason I went on that little love-fest rant is because often I feel like I'm losing touch with who I am and who I would like to be. I want more than anything in the world to help, inspire and touch the lives of people, giving hope while bridging the divide. In this quest, I'm truly not looking for recognition, just searching for my identity in other people. 

When I think it's time to stop dreaming because, frankly, one person can not make a dent in the world, never-mind change it, I head to YouTube to watch Beyonce's performance of my favourite song, I Was Here. Immediately I begin to believe again, the words, the images and the emotion fill me with happiness. 

Take a listen and you'll see what I mean.

Have a beautiful day,

No comments:

Post a Comment