Friday, November 2, 2012

music > everything (except food)

I've got an almost unhealthy addiction to music. It literally IS the soundtrack to my life.
If you were to play a song from 10 years ago, one that I'd heard once or twice, it would take me back to that point in time or at the very least, it would eat away at my soul until I figure out where I heard it. Music is consuming my life and...I ain't mad.

Often I find that we don't like the music other people like and that's the absolute wrong way to go about music. I don't like music because I'm told to like it, different things keep me coming back for more. 
For instance, most of Nicki Minaj's  music is actual garbage BUT I love some of it because the beats are SO SICK and the word play is creative! Same goes for Weezy F Baby. Other times, I like them because they make me want to dance, even if I don't know a single word they're saying, Pitbull, I'm looking at you...weeeeee ooooo. And in other cases, I love the meaning behind the lyrics, basically Ed Sheeran over everything. 

The point is, music is supposed to evoke emotion and if it does that for you, who are we to judge other  peoples choices? Everyone is different. 

Right now, I can't stop listening to Phil Phillips' (such a dumb name) rendition of Damien Rice's, "Volcano" and-this one pains me, Massari's "New Day". I know, judge me because I judge me. 

I leave you with this picture of Phil Phillips because he is one fine looking country boy...damn those green eyes & quirky awkward charm!




Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment